These are Colbonddrain prefabricated vertical drains
Colbonddrain is a high performance Prefabricated Vertical Drain (PVD). Leading European consultants, laboratories and geosynthetics specialists have been involved in the development of this 10 cm-wide product.
Its solid polymer drainage core is fully covered with a strong and permeable fabric filter, attached by means of thermal bonding. This makes the vertical drain extremely resistant to damage during installation. And the design of the core of Colbonddrain is also aimed at creating a geocomposite with superior performance characteristics.
Thanks to its unique corrugated cross section, the discharge capacity of this prefabricated vertical drain is setting a benchmark. And for an improved carbon footprint, it is made of post-consumer recycled content.
Depending on the specific project conditions and requirements, the appropriate PVD can be chosen from two Colbonddrain options offering different discharge capacities. Colbonddrain is delivered on rolls measuring with lengths of up to 330 linear meters.
How Colbonddrain helps significantly accelerate soil consolidation
Colbonddrain is usually installed with a purpose-built installation rig mounted on a hydraulic excavator. If the compressible clay layer is very deep and/or contains gravel bands, special techniques such as vibrators and heavy mandrels may be required. More often than not, in addition to its high discharge capacity, Colbonddrain is chosen for its excellent tensile strength. This allows fast installation. Installed to depths up to 100 meters, the prefabricated vertical drain forms an upward path for excess pore-water created by the overburden. Water is drained off to the surface resulting in a stable subgrade on which construction can take place. While consolidation settlement is underway, reclamation works and infrastructure installation can be launched and continued – a major advantage on every construction site.
What makes Colbonddrain the ideal soil consolidation solution
- A unique patented corrugated core structure
- Drainage core made of post-consumer recycled content
- Strong filter nonwoven thermally bonded to the entire surface of the core
- Excellent tensile strength
- Roll length of up to 330 linear meters
- Core profile guarantees laminar flow for optimum performance
- Can be used in all soil types
- Can be installed on all common installation rig types
- Supports efficient transport and reduced storage time on site
- Recycled content combined with logistic advantages helps realize carbon footprint savings
- Asia Pacific
- Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Installation Manual
- Product brochure
Colbonddrain Prefabricated Vertical DrainProduct overviewPDF 1mb
Colbonddrain PVD prefabricated vertical drain installation manualOfficial Installation guidelines from the manufacturerPDF 2mb