This is EnkaGrip
EnkaGrip is a soil-gripping geocomposite for veneer stabilization. It consists of two components. The first is a three-dimensional polyamide mat made of polyamide monofilaments which are firmly fused together where they cross. The second component is a high tensile-strength reinforcing woven fabric. Both components are sewn together. EnkaGrip is available up to 20 mm thick with tensile strengths of up to 400 kN/m. Supplied on five meter-wide rolls, the geocomposite is very flexible. It is fast and easy to install.
For projects requiring a drainage layer on top of the geomembrane, EnkaGrip can be manufactured with an additional high-performance drainage core with a thickness of four or six millimeters.
How EnkaGrip provides veneer stabilization on geomembranes
EnkaGrip is designed to withstand the high tensile forces resulting from the weight of the soil on which vegetation is to develop. The woven fabric and monofilament mat together act as a grip layer. They provide the friction, tensile strength, and anchorage resistance needed to stabilize the veneer soil layer.
The geocomposite is installed on the geomembrane with the fabric facing down and the three-dimensional mat facing up. EnkaGrip is fixed in a trench at the top of the slope. Depending on the specific project design an additional ballast layer may be required.
The veneer cover soil is distributed over the monofilament structure of EnkaGrip. Because the structure is very open, it has an excellent soil-retention capacity. The non-toxic geocomposite has been approved for use in potable-water reservoirs.
What makes EnkaGrip a premium grip layer?
- Excellent tensile strength
- Tensile strength of up to 400 kN/m
- Superior soil-retention capacity thanks to open structure
- Lightweight and flexible
- Resistant to all chemicals in concentrations which are normally encountered in the soil and in surface water
- Supplied on 5 m wide rolls
- Facilitates cost-efficient yet durable and visually attractive designs
- Proven performance, successfully installed across Europe
- Reliably stabilizes slopes on geomembranes and prevents their weathering
- Fast and simple to place
- Encourages vegetation growth
- No maintenance required
- Asia Pacific
- Europe, Middle East & Africa
EnkaGrip Installation ManualOfficial Installation guidelines from the manufacturerPDF 4MB