This is EnkaWallDrain
EnkaWallDrain is a high-performance rainscreen drainage system for buildings that acts as a rain screen in exterior-wall designs behind the wood, fiber cement, brick, stone, and stucco. The rainscreen drainage mat can also apply the mat in combination with Exterior Insulation Finishing Systems (EIFS). EnkaWallDrain consists of a very open yet compression-resistant three-dimensional polymeric monofilament structure thermally bonded to a nonwoven filter fabric. The shape of the filament structure can vary depending on specific project parameters and requirements.
The standard product portfolio includes three options: a pyramid, dimple, or waffle shape.
How EnkaWallDrain is used to provide effective moisture control
EnkaWallDrain rainscreen drainage mats are installed with the filament structure facing the building and the fabric on the outside. With its 95 % of void space, the rainscreen’s entangled filament structure provides a ventilation gap behind the cladding. Fresh air can enter at the bottom of the wall and exit at the top. The product ensures continuous ventilation in all directions. This is a powerful drying mechanism, and reduces mold growth. EnkaWallDrain also provides a drain path for water from wind-driven rain and leaks in joints. It redirects and draws moisture away from the cladding, sheathing and structural materials, significantly increasing their lifespan. Additional benefits of EnkaWallDrain are the thermal break between the cladding and the sheathing, and a capillary gap which generates energy savings for both cooling and heating, as well as reducing exterior noise penetrating into the structure.
What makes EnkaWallDrain the ideal rainscreen ventilation and drainage solution
- High ventilation and flow rates in all directions
- Reliably reduces mold growth potential in exterior walls
- Protects even more vulnerable sheathing material like OSB
- Provides a thermal break between cladding and sheathing
- Reduces exterior noise coming into the structure
- Filter fabric assures drain path remains completely clear of stucco or mortar
- Resists compression from cladding installation
- Conforms to irregular surfaces and corners
- Guarantees full coverage of the wall
- Quicker to install than furring strips
- Asia Pacific
- Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Installation Manual
- Solutions brochure
Building ApplicationsSolutions for Drainage, Ventilation, Sound and SpacingPDF 2mb
EnkaWallDrainOfficial Installation guidelines from the manufacturerPDF 554kb
Looking for other building & construction applications for drainage, ventilation, or soundproofing?
(SELECT YOUR LOCATION ON THE FILTERS ON THE PAGE TO VIEW THE AVAILABLE SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR REGION)