About EnkaGrid MAX C geogrids by Enka Solutions
Available in different strengths, EnkaGrid MAX C consists of a biaxial geogrid bonded to a nonwoven geotextile. The geogrid stabilizes the sub-base and improves its load-bearing capacity, reducing its required thickness and extending the structure’s design life.
At the same time, the nonwoven geotextile prevents the intermixing of adjacent soils, and retains soil particles while allowing free movement of water. The unique connection technique for both layers leaves sufficient space for optimal interlocking of granular soils with the geogrid strips.
Purchasing, stocking and installing EnkaGrid MAX C rather than individual geogrid and geotextile layers helps reduce complexity and substantially enhances efficiency throughout the value chain of construction projects. Applying this geogrid composite saves time and money for contractors and project owners alike.
EnkaGrid MAX C is a multifunctional geogrid composite with the same strength in both axes. It consists of two components:
The first component is an EnkaGrid MAX geogrid. It is made of polypropylene or polyester strips of equal tensile strength in longitudinal and transverse direction. Using a computer-controlled laser welding technology, these strips are connected to create consistently rigid joints throughout the reinforcement layer.
• Sub-base stabilization
Filtration & separation fabric
The second component, to which the geogrid is bonded at intervals, is a mechanically bonded polypropylene nonwoven geotextile.
• Multifunctional 3 in 1 geocomposite: provides soil reinforcement, separation & filtration
• Design enables optimal interlocking of granular soils with the geogrid
• Boosts procurement efficiency (purchasing 1 product rather than 2 consolidates order management)
• Enhances logistics management processes including stock keeping
• Safer and easier to install than 2 single products
• Maximizes speed of installation, thus significantly enhancing cost efficiency on site
• Excellent long-term durability in all soil types
- Asia Pacific
- Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Installation Manual
- Product brochure
Composite GeogridsEnkaGrid MAX CPDF < 1mb
EnkaGrid MAX C Installation ManualOfficial Installation guidelines from the manufacturerPDF 1mb
High Performance GeogridsEnkaGridPDF 3MB
• Steep slopes
• Retaining walls
• Segmental block walls
• Bridge abutments
• Construction roads
• Parking areas
• Airport runways
• Embankment foundations
• Building foundations
The Quality Management Systems of Freudenberg Performance Materials facilities have been approved to the ISO 9001 Quality Management System Standard. Certificates are available on request.