EnkaDrain is a range of multifunctional high-performance geocomposites consisting of a durable synthetic drainage core of fused, entangled filaments and a nonwoven fabric thermally bonded to one or both faces. For maximum strength and continuous flow even under high load, the entangled filaments are molded into a pyramid or a V-groove configuration. The filter fabric is a spunlaid nonwoven that offers excellent filtering performance through its uniform open structure. It is dimensionally and thermally stable and exhibits high tensile strength per unit weight. The nonwoven is thin and flexible, yet possesses excellent tear and puncture resistance. To facilitate seamless installation, the nonwoven fabric overlaps the drainage core along one edge of the roll.
How EnkaDrain helps build perfect green roofs
EnkaDrain provides drainage, protection and filtration in one simple-to-install product. No aggregate is needed with EnkaDrain. This reduces the total roof weight. The compression-resistant drainage core guarantees a multi-directional flow of water at high rates, while the nonwoven layer serves as a filter and separator from the substrate. The EnkaDrain product range covers a large number of different drainage mats, each designed for a specific purpose. The choice of the right product type depends on the specific roof structure and use. Certain types of EnkaDrain are designed for use in extensive or intensive green roofs. Others offer effective solutions for construction projects where roof gardens are intended to take vehicular traffic or other heavy loads. In all cases, EnkaDrain provides an air layer for better insulation and allows the roots to breathe.
EnkaDrain can be part of a system solution, or installed as green roof component by contractors.
What makes EnkaDrain one of the most popular green-roof drainage mats?
- Multifunctional: Drainage and protection in one product
- Suitable for extensive, semi-intensive and intensive green roofs
- Lies perfectly flat during and after placement
- Lightweight and flexible
- Simple to join – lateral overlap for easier installation
- Resilient and compression-resistant
- Superior discharge capacity
- Very durable, excellent chemical and biological resistances
- Maintains excellent flow rates in all directions under high loads
- Minimizes installation time
- Conforms to irregular or curved roof surfaces
- Eliminates the need for aggregates and facilitates the design of lightweight roofs
- Helps increase the life expectancy of the waterproofing membrane